Sunday, May 2, 2010

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover! (real meaning --> be judgmental anyway)

Many many blog template options later, I chose a template that kinda sorta reflects the mood I'm looking for with this blog challenge which may turn into a regular part of my day, we'll see.

As I went looking for options, I began to think about what type of mood I aimed for. Not too busy, not too bright, but transparent with color. Bingo. Annnnnnd! The template is called AMBIent Wave. Goes with the whole AmBBi theme...like that don't you? :) I do.

On to today's thoughts. Society has for centuries judged by the outer appearance of a person. Be it a person's style of dress, skin tone, facial features, hair color and style, etc., our minds immediately judge or create assumptions based on unconscious filters that society has fed our families who have in turn, fed us the same B.S.

I say B.S. because we grow up with constant contradiction simply because the society around us has used the wrong language to promote a non-judgmental atmosphere. Ooops?! I guess.

We should strive to correct this language and instead say 'don't assume.' Two words. That's it.

The idea behind never judging a book by its cover at times will take the same amount of work as saying don't assume. As we encounter more persons different from us, be it in the above described markers, or many more not listed, we are challenged to challenge ourselves to act on an individual, case by case basis. Rather than the implicit stereotype method, which does sometimes ring true, but a word to the wise, don't make history repeat itself by expecting a repeat. Instead, write your own story, to challenge the pages that are being written around you.

Oh, and I plan on being an Ambitious Chicken with my blog and writing every day of the month. Count it!

Paz.

0 comments:

Post a Comment