Sunday, May 23, 2010

If you can't take the heat....

Get out of the kitchen!

As I prepared my early dinner today, I couldn't help but to think...how would I have done this sans stove?

My dish would be rearranged. Instead of enjoying a hot meal, I might have decided to have fresh fruit and berries, or a nice salad abundant with veggies, maybe a decadent smoothie.

Generations before us used stones to make sparks that started fires and clay to ground wheat for bread. The process for meal preparation was a long one, and the importance of maximizing use of everything was key.

Vegetables were cultivated and cared for. Animals were treated humanely and slaughtered with dignity. We took of what the land offered us and we cared for our earth as a partner in living.

But wait, some people still live like this. Bless them. It's us who don't and who wouldn't know how to plant broccoli, much less slaughter an animal as to make their exit from life quick and painless. So what do we do? We buy groceries!!! (That's what I do...)

We all take these things for granted at times and especially when the microwave comes into play. Impressed, we enjoy a piping hot meal that went from frozen to consumable in just under 3 minutes! Amazing.

Paz.

0 comments:

Post a Comment