Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blog Challenge (i.e. inspiration)

I decided to join in a month long blog challenge. I already have a blog, however, posting on a daily basis is not the norm for me just yet. Writing is a hobby and personal passion of mine, be it prose or composed and this challenge is serving as an inspirational challenge for me to do more substantial writing regularly. An added bonus...I get to read blogs from my other colleagues and help hold them accountable (this is a challenge after all)!

The blog name has many meanings. Firstly, Ambitious as a root word, story to follow. BB as an acknowledgment of my most recent major purchase and a common thread that we all have faced at some point in our lives (or I at least hope is coming) -- that of growing up and inclining towards who we are destined to be, despite the world around us which can at times be welcoming or unforgiving.

Be an ambitious chicken. That's right, I typed it, said it too. You should try it. Not too long ago, one of my first trips outside of Tallahassee, Florida a group of us drove to Koinonia Farms to give our time to serve the community and learn more about ourselves and to push our limits physically, mentally too.

Our team was charged with building an additional fence that would attach on top of an already in place fence that surrounded one of farms gardens. The chickens, normally in one area of the farm where the manure is kept would often fly/jump over the fence to peck around in other areas of the farm which, when tending a garden became bothersome and affected the garden's produce.

The morning of our day of labor I took a walk over to the farm, a short walk from our living quarters. By the time we were beginning our work and moving the material for the fence over to our building area, the chickens had 'moved' from the manure area to the larger land area behind the garden where the fence would be. I am sure they were upset that we thwarted their plan to roam and graze in the garden!

The moral of the story -- be an ambitious chicken. These fluffy chickens were using their natural talent and ability to get to where they were meant to be and desired to be. They pushed the limits (ours too since we built the fence) and made the once impossible possible and I'm sure the new fence addition won't stop them. Neither from jump/fly-ing over another fence, nor subduing their desire to use the wings and ability Divinely given to them.

Paz.


0 comments:

Post a Comment